The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Possible to have on-hold Actions (like Projects)? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Projects can be set to "On Hold". I have plenty of Actions whose Project is not on hold, but for which I have Actions that are in a Waiting For status. So far I've assigned such Actions to a "WF" (or "WF - Joe") Context, and if the WF is ad hoc (i.e., one I don't want to bother creating a "WF - <whomOrWhatEver>", I append " WF: <whomOrWhatEver>" to the Action. I can filter on the "WF" status. Once the WF is done, I switch the Context to whatever the actual context is.

Unless I'm missing a method, it would be handy to be able to mark Actions as "On Hold" like Projects can be marked. This might make filtering easier, and also avoids having to think about, and then switch the Context from "WF" to the appropriate context.

Bob