The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

is it possible to get OF to sync with a different mobile me account? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
this is a seperate issue from my existing syncing problems. Just thinking about starting from scratch.

I have 2 mobile me accounts and would like to use a different account, I am unable to get my local OF database to sync though, it always give a error.

is there a way to have my main desktop OF database to sync with a new mobile me account (different from the one I originally setup)

If your local database has all of your changes, change your MobileMe settings in the MobileMe (or .Mac) preferences in System Preferences, then click the Reset button in the OmniFocus Sync preferences and click the MobileMe button again. Verify that you've got the right URL showing in the location field, and hit the sync button.

It won't be convenient to move just some of the changes you make in the new location back to the old location, just so you know...not impossible, but not convenient...

tx for the reply, i tried exactly what you wrote but I get this error when I press sync in OF

"Unable to perform WebDAV operation.

The idisk.me.com server returned "forbidden" (403) in response to a request to "PROPFIND /myme/Documents/OmniFocus.ofocus"."

any ideas?

Last edited by JamesX; 2008-08-20 at 11:02 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesX View Post
tx for the reply, i tried exactly what you wrote but I get this error when I press sync in OF

"Unable to perform WebDAV operation.

The idisk.me.com server returned "forbidden" (403) in response to a request to "PROPFIND /myme/Documents/OmniFocus.ofocus"."
I assume you've edited the error message here, and that "/myme/Documents/OmniFocus.ofocus" is not the actual string, right?

I would verify that you can access the newly configured iDisk via the Finder, including creating a file in the Documents folder. Make sure you have iDisk syncing turned off in the System Preferences (not that I think it is causing your problem, but I don't want it potentially obscuring the diagnostic I suggested). If you can create a file in the Documents folder from the Finder and are 100% sure that you used the same username and password when configuring OmniFocus, I don't have any suggestions. If you can't create a file, I think you're having a MobileMe problem of some sort and should contact the support chat line there.

tx for help -

I ended up following the instructions in the link below .

http://forums.omnigroup.com/archive/...hp/t-9258.html