The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lots of syncing questions here lately but I have on more. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use the auto-sync function to sync via my mobile me account. If I close the app on my iPhone before the process is completed will I damage or corrupt my database at all?

No, it shouldn't cause a problem. If you think about it, the sync protocol has to be engineered to be resilient in the face of a sync not completing, as there's no way to guarantee that your phone's battery won't die, or you drive out of range of the nearest tower, etc. while a sync is happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
No, it shouldn't cause a problem. If you think about it, the sync protocol has to be engineered to be resilient in the face of a sync not completing, as there's no way to guarantee that your phone's battery won't die, or you drive out of range of the nearest tower, etc. while a sync is happening.
I agree. I've done this for many times, but the database is still alive.:D

I wasn't sure about this when I first started out with OF, so I chose then to turn off auto syncing from the iPhone. I sync once before I leave the house when I'm on WiFi and again when I return. This works fine for me. Sometimes I sync while I'm out, but there's basically no point. I don't need the desktop caught up until I'm home again.