The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

UI fault in Perspectives that keeps catching me out Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This may be a deliberate UI "feature" but it has caught me out enough times now that I thought I'd mention it:

1. I choose a perspective from my customised toolbar

2. I make some changes to the settings

3. I go to the perspectives window and take a snapshot to save the changes.

4. I then realise to my horror that the perspectives window is highlighted on a different perspective and I have just wiped over its settings!

Grrrr!

I wonder if the perspectives window could dynamically change its selection to reflect the selection that has been made in the toolbar or menu?

This could then be manually overridden by clicking if you did actually want to wipe over a different perspective's settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyroad View Post
I wonder if the perspectives window could dynamically change its selection to reflect the selection that has been made in the toolbar or menu?
That's bitten me too. Use Help --> Send Feedback to submit a request for this feature.

I've taken to not using the Perspectives window. The Perspectives menu includes a Take Snapshot of <Current Perspective> item, which seems safer.

Curt

Yes I think I will start using that method from now on. Thanks.

[Feedback sent]

I've been tripped up by this same thing too - please make it harder to get it wrong!