The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone Standalone Guide / Setup Suggestions? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all! My Search Fu may be weak, but I've had a heck of a time trying to find a guide out there for users who may only utilize the iPhone version of OmniFocus. Given we don't have perspectives etc. are there any best practices as far as use of contexts etc that might be different from someone who uses the Mac app?

I just picked up the app and plan to review the videos (I've already gone through the somewhat sparse iPhone manual, but would love if others using it like me have some good tricks for setup before I go ahead and get all of my projects and tasks in here.

Thanks in advance!

I hope others will chime in with their suggestions. Meanwhile, you may also find the PDF manual useful: http://www.omnigroup.com/products/om...phone/support/

I am in the same position since I don't have a mac

My recommendations are
1. set up some contexts (locations you frequent) because you are going to need them when trying file file items (clean them out of the inbox)
2. set up your projects for the same reason

There are a few things we stand-aloners are waiting for
1. a way to be able to put projects in parent folder which, for example, may be named on the basis that they are out key performance indicators. This of course would require another view to be provided in the main menu list of things
2. the ability to clone an item where it is repeated at a day time which is not the same as the original or first time it occurred. It could be cloned into the inbox where it could then be edited.

HTH/gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGuy View Post
Hi all! My Search Fu may be weak, but I've had a heck of a time trying to find a guide out there for users who may only utilize the iPhone version of OmniFocus. Given we don't have perspectives etc. are there any best practices as far as use of contexts etc that might be different from someone who uses the Mac app?

I just picked up the app and plan to review the videos (I've already gone through the somewhat sparse iPhone manual, but would love if others using it like me have some good tricks for setup before I go ahead and get all of my projects and tasks in here.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by garyo; 2013-04-20 at 02:05 AM.. Reason: forgot title

I think you can still follow the MacSpark Screencasts for some really helpful information on how to set things up. I watched these and have been using a similar setup on both my Mac and iPhone, but a majority of the time, I'm working my task list from my iPhone and haven't had any lack. Perspectives are really nice, but OF is so powerful, that you can probably go without if you're just on the iPhone.