The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

contextural link to Address Book - Wish Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was thinking it would be nice to have a contextural link to my Apple Address Book, so that if you control + click on a company name in an action item e.g., call XYZ Printers, for instance, it would show the popup menu and one of the options would be "Look up in Address Book" and when that option is selected, it would open that company's info in Address Book so you could access & copy the info you need (like an address or tel #) back to your action in OF.

Does anyone else think this would be good. Or perhaps someone has a tip to do this quickly another way.

I would love for OF to read the address book so when I was typing "Email Joh..." it would look up that person in the address book and give me options.

That way I could do searches or smart folders for things for users on address book.

BZ

oh yes, that would be great!

Quote:
Or perhaps someone has a tip to do this quickly another way.
Quicksilver can do these address book lookups and paste in the appropriate info pretty easily, with the Address Book module. Some explanation on page 71 of Howard Melman's user guide:
http://mysite.verizon.net/hmelman/Quicksilver.pdf