The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Advice sought - setup 100+ varying size diagrams for document Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I will be producing a large 100+ page document with 100+ diagrams.

The diagrams will all have the same width (5"), but their heights will vary.

The diagrams will be saved as PDFs for inclusion into the manuscript, so the PDFs will need to be that same width, with the same varying height. I cannot figure out how to deal with the varying height in the PDFs.

Would love some advice on:

- anything to make this manageable
- will Print/Save to PDF suffice for getting to PDF
- what page sizes should I set up for my diagrams
- what canvas sizes should I set up for my diagrams

I tried a custom page setup in OSX: 5" wide, 3" high, with 0" margins. I made a Graffle template with canvas of same size, and used Document Inspector to set page margins to 0".

I was hoping that "auto-adjust the canvas size" would automatically make the canvas higher if I needed, and it does ... but the Page Setup then thinks it spans 2 pages. Do I need to make custom page sizes for every drawing ?! I hope not.

I'm sure someone has worked out a smart way to do this kind of thing :-)

Any advice welcome ...

Exporting to PDF (not printing to PDF, mind you) should do the trick -- Each canvas gets its own "page" in the PDF, whether you export each canvas individually or whether you export the entire document at once.

Thank you, thank you !!