The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Action not being marked as available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a few actions in OF for iPad that always seem to be marked as unavailable - They are greyed out in the project view, and when I go to the context view for the context they are assigned to, they are not visible.

I have verified that they do not have any start date (or due date) assigned. I have also confirmed that they are not in a sequential project: I've tried both a "Parallel" and a "Single Actions" project type. Still, they never seem to be available.

What else should I be looking at to make these actions available?

Last edited by TimothyMDean; 2013-01-22 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: text wasn't showing up

Are they in a context which is on hold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Are they in a context which is on hold?
My initial answer was no, because I had already checked that. But before responding I checked again, and checked more carefully. I think I have my answer now.

These are part of a context called "Work", and when I look I see that the Work context is definitely not on hold. However, when I changed the setting of the context to Remaining, it showed that I actually have 2 different contexts with the name of Work. One of those contexts was set to Dropped and the actions with the problem were all in that context. I was able to clean them up by going through and re-selecting the work context for them.

This leads me to the realization that accidentally having multiple contexts of the same name is a bad thing. Seems to me that OF should probably prevent that from happening, given the potential for confusion. Perhaps I should report a bug for that?

Thanks for the reply that pointed me in the right direction..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyMDean View Post
My initial answer was no, because I had already checked that. But before responding I checked again, and checked more carefully. I think I have my answer now.

These are part of a context called "Work", and when I look I see that the Work context is definitely not on hold. However, when I changed the setting of the context to Remaining, it showed that I actually have 2 different contexts with the name of Work. One of those contexts was set to Dropped and the actions with the problem were all in that context. I was able to clean them up by going through and re-selecting the work context for them.

This leads me to the realization that accidentally having multiple contexts of the same name is a bad thing. Seems to me that OF should probably prevent that from happening, given the potential for confusion. Perhaps I should report a bug for that?

Thanks for the reply that pointed me in the right direction..
If it is dropped, is it actually a project rather than a context?

The two are very different things.