The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

using jump to to change layers Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've looked through the forums & the user manual but have not found an answer. Perhaps I am looking at it wrong. I would like to use the jump to feature to switch between layers. Am trying to use this to explain where a button takes you when pressed. It would be greatly helpful if anyone has done anything like this before. I think I'm just missing something

I should also mention that I am using version 3.2. Please let me know if there is any additional information needed to solve this.

thank you in advance

Version 3 won't let you jump to other layers per se, only highlight particular objects -- OmniGraffle 5 does have the ability to set the visibility of layers as an action, however.

well thank you for the quick response. It's just to bad I'm still running 10.4.11. Guess I will have to look for another work around.

I do see that I can switch canvas as an action. Do you think this is what I am wanting? If so, I don't see a way to create a new canvas. Is this not an option on 3? Thanks again for your help.

Last edited by outlaw26r; 2009-04-09 at 12:48 PM..

If you have OmniGraffle Professional 3, you can indeed create new canvases (in the Canvases Inspector) and make actions to jump to them. The standard version of OmniGraffle 3 only allows one canvas, so jumping to others is somewhat moot.

alright downloaded pro 3 and tried to buy a copy but it keeps trying to get me to buy 5. I don't have 10.5 so it isn't no helpful and don't really care for the interface of graffle 4. Can I still purchase a 3 copy and if so do you know how much? thanks for the hand holding by the way. I just want to do one simple task to complete this prototype.

If you send an email to sales@omnigroup.com we can probably get you sorted out.