The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request I guess? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm not sure how I go about making a formal request of this but I just bought OF for iPad and I'm missing the option that was re-added to OF for iPhone mentioned HERE

Any chance we could get that as an OPTION in the iPad version too? I'm feelin' the hate again for the way it sorts tasks stubbornly by project and in order, ignoring due-date/time. :(

Also is there any way to purge old tasks in the iPad version? I can't find it if there is. If there isn't, is that already on the feature requests?

Thanks guys!

Formal support and feature requests are most carefully tracked if you email us (omnifocus-ipad@omnigroup.com).

That said, I've logged your feature requests for additional sorting options in the context view and archiving/deleting completed items on the iPad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Formal support and feature requests are most carefully tracked if you email us (omnifocus-ipad@omnigroup.com).

That said, I've logged your feature requests for additional sorting options in the context view and archiving/deleting completed items on the iPad.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post

So, uh, whatever happened to archiving/deleting completed items on the iPad?

Well, since it's become painfully obvious that this feature isn't going to make it into Omnifocus - I suspect because they're working on Omnifocus 2 - I began experimenting with the app in an effort to find a workaround that didn't involve individually deleting 100,000 completed tasks. That's not an exaggeration.

I've finally figured out how to cope with the problem of completed task bloat in OF relatively quickly and easily.

1 - Create a new project.
2 - Change each active task to the new project.
3 - Delete the old project, which also deletes all tasks still assigned to it.