The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't open a stencil Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm a brand new user.
I'm trying to drag a stencil onto my document but can't.
The stencil I select is all green, but I can't select any individual object.
Ideas? Thanks.

Hmmmm... I'm honestly not sure what's going on here; you should be able to just click the shape and drag into your document.

Assuming this doesn't magically start working, the best thing to do is going to be to use "Send Feedback..." under the help menu to send the support ninjas an email - that tells them exactly what version of OmniGraffle you're using and gives them some other information which helps them help you.

One thing which may help would be for you to include some screenshots of what you are seeing when you try to drag shapes from the stencil

(You can take a screenshot by pressing command-shift-4, which will give you a selection cursor. Tap your Space key, click on the window you want to capture, and when you release the mouse the image will be saved to your desktop as 'Picture 1', 'Picture 2', etc.)

You can then drag the images to an email message and send them to us. We'll use the information they contain to try and figure out what's going on here...

I am seeing the exact same problem.

Make sure you're not filtering on a search, click the magnifying glass in the search field and uncheck "Filter" from the drop-down menu, that should clear it up.