The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is using MobileMe secure with OmniFocus? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello

I just purchased OmniFocus for the iPhone and I downloaded the trial for OmniFocus for the desktop. Is using MobileMe for syncing secure? I read that while the logging on is encrypted the actual data isn't encrypted.

How do I change the sync method from MobileMe to a file on the local computer if I wish to?

Thanks

Peter - syncing with mobile me is carried out via secure http - your password and all the data is encrypted in transit.

Once OmniFocus for Mac 1.5 and OmniFocus for iPhone 1.1 are both available, you'll be able to use the new Bonjour sync method we're adding. This will allow you to sync your data between your phone and your mac without using a third-party server.

(Of course, this means that your Mac and iPhone will both need to have access to the same wireless network to sync.)