The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cost of Project: discrepancy Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I have a problem with the project cost and it would be great if someone could help with my headache!

I have added the resource costs for each task separately under Inspectors >Task information. Note: not all of my tasks in the project bear cost.

When I highlight the entire project in the outline view and then go: Inspectors>Task information: cost, the total value of the project is 28k but when I export the same plan into HTML and upload it onto the server, the cost of the project displays as 65k.

I have been through all project's tasks separately and manually checked that in Inspects>Task: information, only the tasks that do bear costs have cost assigned to them.

Still, the total value of the project varies when looking at online and offline version.

Is there anywhere else that I should be checking the total project cost?

Many thanks for any suggestions
K.

Use Help->Send Feedback to send a copy of your plan to the support ninjas and have them take a look. All identifying data is replaced, so you don't have to worry that your sensitive data will be compromised. You can look at the file attached to the email before sending to verify this.

I recommend doing this in just about any situation where the problem might be caused by a program issue, because it allows them to more readily test (and fix) the same scenario — very difficult to accurately describe in words, but easy to look at the same document! For similar reasons, it works well for user error scenarios, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
When I highlight the entire project in the outline view and then go: Inspectors>Task information: cost, the total value of the project is 28k but when I export the same plan into HTML and upload it onto the server, the cost of the project displays as 65k.
How exactly are you getting a total project cost out of the Task Information inspector? That only shows the cost for the selected task, and nothing at all if multiple tasks are selected.

If you click on the bottom line of the OmniPlan window, the display should cycle between the extent of the plan ("Start: 7/20/12 8:00 AM End: 7/20/12 5:00 PM"), cost/completion ("Completed: 0% Cost: $865.00") and effort/duration ("Duration: 1d Effort: 2d"). How do the numbers there compare with the exported report?