The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Add AppleScript to toolbar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it already possible to add AppleScripts to the OO4's toolbar as it is possible with OO3?

I can't get this to work.

Sven.

Last edited by sven.luetkemeier; 2013-04-23 at 10:28 PM..

Yes. Put your AppleScripts into ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner4.

Once in there, they will show up when you open View:Customize Toolbar, and you can then drag them onto your toolbar.

Thanks for pointing me to the new directory. I was still putting my scripts into the ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniOutliner/ directory.

Sven.

I had a cool script another user gave me for OO3 that let me collapse all rows from a level I specified - that is, if I only wanted level 2 and above showing, I could activate the script from tool bar, enter a value of 2, and it would be so.

Is this still possible?

Also, I can't find the folder you specified in the Library. Is this different now that OO4 is out of beta?

Thanks for your help.

~/Library/Application Scripts/com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner4

is still the right directory for the final version. You might have to create it yourself if it's not already there.

Yayee! Thanks.

I've made the folder in the right place, downloaded the scripts and put them in the right place. But how do I drag them into the toolbar?

In OO3 I remember a folder appearing in the toolbar customization menu, but it isn't there now, even after restarting etc.

What am I missing?

I could try dragging them from the Finder directly to the toolbar, but that doesn't seem like a good idea...

I your folder is ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner4, then when you open the View Menu and select Customize Toolbar, the scripts should show up as the last icons displayed (after Fonts, Colors, Print).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbar View Post
I your folder is ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner4, then when you open the View Menu and select Customize Toolbar, the scripts should show up as the last icons displayed (after Fonts, Colors, Print).
Right, thanks, that is what I remember from OO3, but it isn't there this time.

Here are pics of my folder structure and my Customize toolbar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-01-25 at 4.40.22 PM.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	2973   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-01-25 at 4.41.11 PM.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	2974  

Hmm ... are you sure you haven't somehow opened OO3? And have you tried re-booting?