The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Shading Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I love the way that the Group Shading looks on the project plan, but when I go to print it, it doesn't print the shading, too.

I have looked at changing the "Background color" and Alternating rows color, but that doesn't separate it like the group shading.

Please tell me there is a way to print the shading?

Thank you!

Chelsea

Hi Chelsea,

I've actually implemented your feature in OmniPlan 2.1, which we quietly slipped into the "sneaky peek" phase yesterday.

There are some rough edges yet in 2.1, so you may not wish to switch over to it for your primary work. Mostly we want people to have a look at our completely rewritten Microsoft Project support.

The sneaky peek and its release notes are available here: http://www.omnigroup.com/products/om...oad/sneakypeek

-Tom

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the reply. So I download the most recent "sneeky peek" and drag it into applications to "replace" my current omniplan?

Thank you!

Chelsea

I suggest installing it somewhere else, actually. I think the .dmg will invite you to drag it into your /Applications folder, but since this is sneaky peek, well, see the first paragraph of text on the sneaky peek page...

I think the sneaky peek is pretty good and has enough bug fixes that it will probably be better for most users than 2.0.3, but it's just good sense to work on a copy of your important projects so you have a fallback plan. The areas I think have the greatest risk of new bugs are
  • Microsoft Project import and export
  • WebDAV sync
  • Automatic resource leveling

-Tom

It appears that clicking on the Update tab in the Preferences is a ticket to an immediate crash, so don't do that :-)

Hmm, upon further investigation, it appears that clicking on any of the tabs in the Preferences will get you such a crash!

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2012-01-25 at 10:32 AM..

Whoops, it looks like some code has crept in that will only run on Lion!

I'll get on that right after lunch. I'm starving.

-Tom

I would have spotted this earlier, had there been any notification that you'd started up the sneaky peeks again, but the updater "forgets" that I was running them when I install a production release. Maybe the easiest thing to do would be to immediately build a sneaky peek version after releasing (even though it is essentially identical, and may not change for a while), so that those of us who want to stay on the sneaky peek track can have our computer handle checking to see if there's a new build, without you having to make any changes to the updater.

The 10.6 crash should be fixed in the latest build. Thanks for beta testing!

Hi Tom,

Does this mean that the Group shading printing feature won't work on the sneakypeek?

Chelsea

Not at all, Chelsea. The Lion-only code was unrelated to group shading or any other functionality, really.

-Tom