The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Text Shadow Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Bit of a newbie question I'm afraid, but how do you apply shadow to text on the iPad version of OmniGraffle?

Thanks

Al:)

Since there's not a Rich Text shadow feature for iOS (or we haven't written one yet =), I'd suggest creating the text as a separate object, giving it the appropriate drop shadow, and grouping it with whatever other object or shape you'd like.

Be forewarned, shadows can negatively impact performance on the iPad at the moment.

OK Joel, thanks for that - at least I know the best way to approach it. Most of the work is in fairly small projects atm, but I'll certainly remember your warning if things start bogging down.

OK, I've typed a piece of text on its own as a test and selected Shadow but still can't seem to get it to work. I can get a shadow around the little box the label is typed in, but can't seem to select the text to apply the shadow. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Al:confused:

Oops, looks like I spoke too soon. We're not handling shadows around just the text, I'll open up a bug about this.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Oops, looks like I spoke too soon. We're not handling shadows around just the text, I'll open up a bug about this.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.
:D No problem Joel, at least I'm not doing anything wrong - plenty of other things for me to learn about the program yet!

Thanks