The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wish: hide some sub-actions in Context mode Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Several weeks ago I created an action with a dozen small sub-actions. When it's time to tackle the "parent" action, I'll do all of the sub-actions at the same time.

This worked fine in Planning mode. Although I customarily expand all actions, I collapsed this one because it's really an atomic action, and I only need to see the details when I work on the parent action.

The wrinkle came when I scheduled the parent action to start tomorrow. In Context mode, I see the dozen small sub-actions, and the parent action is invisible.

What I'd like is a way to designate a Planning action as "atomic" so that it appears as a single line in Context mode. When I attack the task, I'd switch to Planning mode to inspect and check off the sub-actions.

The best work-around I've found is to move the sub-actions into the parent action's note, losing the handy check boxes.

[submitted as formal feedback]