The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

"tomorrow morning"? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
cool..."1d" is good

1d @ 1a gets me my deferred till tomorrow morning i've discovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrown00
cool..."1d" is good

1d @ 1a gets me my deferred till tomorrow morning i've discovered
Ok, that's a good fix for the time being... but I still think that "tomorrow" should defer things to midnight or so the next day. I often process tasks in the afternoon or evening, and defer things for the next day... or for Sunday.. I really don't want to be clueless about those tasks until the next day at 6 PM or Sunday at 9 PM. Beginning of the day should be default, and then I can put in specific hours if I want to.

I agree smew. That is the more intuitive meaning of "tomorrow"

I've actually created a Text Expander snippet - ttt - that expands to "tomorrow @ 1am" to be able to truly and easily "tomorrow" things :D. But I do hope this will not be the solution I'll have to stick with.

also noticed that if the current time is 2pm, and I type in, say "june 30", i get 30/06/2007 2:00 PM

so it looks like everything gets the current date added on

In the latest alpha, the time now defaults to midnight if you don't specifiy the time.

sweeeeeett! thanks michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
In the latest alpha, the time now defaults to midnight if you don't specifiy the time.
Although I'm not yet blessed with an alpha, I anticipate "tomorrow" being a problem for those of us who are night owls. More often than not, I'm still at my Mac 'til at least 1:00 AM. So my "tomorrow" is based on when I sleep and awake.

Wish: Let each user customize the meaning of "tomorrow" (or default time-of-day) in OmniFocus Preferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Although I'm not yet blessed with an alpha, I anticipate "tomorrow" being a problem for those of us who are night owls. More often than not, I'm still at my Mac 'til at least 1:00 AM. So my "tomorrow" is based on when I sleep and awake.
Same here and this has been a problem for me with other software I've used.

I would like to specify the 'normal' start time of my the day for the same reason as the two previous posters, I'm often finishing up my day after midnight.