The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

repeating backspace Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a new problem that just started happening recently. While editing text, sometimes when I hit the backspace key, it repeats as though I was keeping my finger on the key. I can only stop it by hitting another key, otherwise it erases all characters to the beginning of the line.

I wouldn't think it was an OF problem except I can't get it to do it in any other app that I've tried. It only happens within OF, in every text field I've tried, including the feedback mail interface.

Does this happen to anyone else?

I've not seen it at all and I use my iPad a heck of a lot in OF

Unfortunately, this has happened to me a number of times. I have tried to isolate it but it seems to happen randomly.

Yes, it's happened to me a few times too

I wasn't sure if it was specific to OF, I haven't done enough typing in other Apps to see if it happens elsewhere too.

We've seen this occasionally as well, and we're not really sure how OmniFocus could be responsible but haven't seen it elsewhere either. The good news is that it seems to have disappeared in our latest internal builds, so hopefully that means it will be fixed in our next update.

Just had it happen to me also.

This may be a coincidence, but I don't think I had restarted my iPad since the 1.2 update.

Have now restarted my iPad and not had the problem since, but of course it may have just not happened yet...