The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sorting Actions in a Single Action List Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a number of actions in a Single Action List with different Due dates.

I would like to be able to sort the list so that the nearest Due dtaes are at the top of the list.

I can't seem to sort the actions by anything in the "Unsorted" list in the strip of buttons under the proper menu items, nor can I sort how I want by selecting all of the actions and using the contextual menu.

I have looked in the Help file but found nothing relating to this.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsbreath View Post
I have a number of actions in a Single Action List with different Due dates.

I would like to be able to sort the list so that the nearest Due dtaes are at the top of the list.

I can't seem to sort the actions by anything in the "Unsorted" list in the strip of buttons under the proper menu items, nor can I sort how I want by selecting all of the actions and using the contextual menu.
I think the idea is that sorting your actions is done in Context mode. Note that in Planning mode, the Sort button says "Sort Projects by", while in Context mode it says "Sort Actions by". I checked that it is indeed possible to sort actions by due date in Context mode.

JP

Yes, you are right. I am having difficulty getting my head around not being able to sort in either view.

I checked in Context mode and again you are right. I had expected to see sort being available in a contextual menu rather than only under the View menu.

Thanks again

Andy