The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Menubar & Focus Behaviour Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
One of the reasons I think so many people have trouble grokking OF is the notion of Focus and Perspectives.

Here's an example of a point of potential confusion.

1) In settings tell the app to "Show Due Soon and Overdue actions" "In the menu bar"
2) Focus on a project or folder.
3) Click on a context in the menu bar list that has due soon or overdue items as indicated by the number in a red circle.

If the overdue items are not for the project/folder currently in focus, a new window opens to that context, in that focus, and shows no actions.

Even more confusing, if there is more than one window open and they have different focuses, it chooses - I think - the top most focus.

Clicking the menu bar item should, in my opinion, open a window with all items available (ie: nothing in focus) and show all items that are due soon / overdue for that particular context.