The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

'Under Construction?' Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
"there is now an Under Construction banner on the toolbar and a 15 day expiration period. We want to make sure everyone is running the current sneaky peek version and know that they're running something that is not an official release"

There goes using the sneaky peeks for day to day usage :(

Surely if people have gone to the extent of registering on the forum and downloading a sneaky peek, they KNOW that they are running a beta without some stripey banner.

Shame, these were stable, extremely usable builds.

Last edited by Jon Hicks; 2006-04-26 at 11:59 AM..

The Under Construction banner, which is actually just on the title bar, is actually pretty subtle... I'm surprised to hear you say that it would inhibit day to day use. Is there any particular reason that would stop you from using the Sneaky Peek?

It is sort of subtle, but not enough. I do find it irritating. I just don't want that thing pulling my eye away from a site, which it does at the moment.

It's as much the fact that it doesn't seem necessary to me. However, I'm aware that I'm not the one that has to answer support emails about sneaky peek releases!

Ugh, I have to second Jon on this one. What's up with the 15 day limit? If we have a valid license, shouldn't we be able to use what we paid for? Only thing I can think of is that this is close to RC status, and that OG expects to have another SP out really soon.

We will make sure you have a release available that isn't expired, this is just to ensure that you're running the latest build available.

I was a bit wary of what 'under construction' meant, but when I (giddily) loaded up the sneaky peek I was quite pleased seeing the subtle stripes. Then again, I can see how someone in a business environment, for example, might not want them.

I think it might be because it reminds me of 90's websites that had the yellow & black stripes with an animated construction worker sign!

Thank goodness good taste prevailed.

Edit: and I can't get the image to display inline.

2: At least what I thought was good taste.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	underconstruction.png
Views:	861
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	16  

Last edited by afb; 2006-04-26 at 08:32 PM..

*gags*

Okay, now I see what you guys are upset about.

Just to clarify, what I posted (the bottom one) is a Photoshopped; just a joke.