The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Some Issues with OF iPad 1.5 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have already sent this in to support via e-mail, but I wanted to see if anyone else has seen what I am seeing:
  1. The labeling for review interval seems to be wrong. In other words, “Days” is “Weeks”, “Weeks” is “Months”, etc.
  2. The graphic representing sequential/parallel seems to be swapped. In other words, the parallel graphic is applied to sequential types, and the graphic for sequential is applied to parallel types.
  3. I have my default due time set to 11:55 PM on the Mac. This setting has been pushed to the iPhone and the iPad. If I create a new task on the iPad and enter only a due date, the due time is set correctly for 11:55 PM. However, if I first enter a start date, when I enter a due date the time is incorrectly set to 12:00 AM the next day.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
The labeling for review interval seems to be wrong. In other words, “Days” is “Weeks”, “Weeks” is “Months”, etc.
Known bug, fixed in the beta builds, I hope they'll put out a new version quickly to fix this.
Quote:
The graphic representing sequential/parallel seems to be swapped. In other words, the parallel graphic is applied to sequential types, and the graphic for sequential is applied to parallel types.
I'm not seeing that. If I create a sequential project on the iPad, it shows up on the Mac as a sequential project. It also behaves like a sequential project on the iPad. I'm inclined to believe that it is a sequential project :-)
Quote:
I have my default due time set to 11:55 PM on the Mac. This setting has been pushed to the iPhone and the iPad. If I create a new task on the iPad and enter only a due date, the due time is set correctly for 11:55 PM. However, if I first enter a start date, when I enter a due date the time is incorrectly set to 12:00 AM the next day.
How exactly are you entering the due date? If I enter a start date, then tap on the due date field to bring up the picker, the time that appears on the dials is my default due time. If I tap the +1 day/week/month buttons, and don't have a due date/time already entered, then yes, it adds a number of 24 hour periods to the start date/time and I agree that isn't very likely to be a real-life due date/time. I think that behavior has always been present, however.

1. Got it.

2. This is not an issue of projects working incorrectly. This is an issue of types being misidentified on the iPad. Say I create an action on the Mac. I then assign an action under the original one, creating an action group. I then set the action group to sequential. On my iPad, I see the action group. However, instead of two downward facing arrows designating the group as sequential, two parallel arrows are shown instead. Which is wrong, is it not?

3. What you describe for the due date is exactly what I'm seeing. I guess I'll just have to get used to tapping on the field before tapping on "+1".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
2. This is not an issue of projects working incorrectly. This is an issue of types being misidentified on the iPad. Say I create an action on the Mac. I then assign an action under the original one, creating an action group. I then set the action group to sequential. On my iPad, I see the action group. However, instead of two downward facing arrows designating the group as sequential, two parallel arrows are shown instead. Which is wrong, is it not?
Hmm, I tried replicating your steps, and the project shows up on my iPad as having a sequential action group, both in appearance and behavior. You said that you set the action group to sequential, suggesting that it was parallel before you did that — are you 100% certain that it did get set, and that the change setting it to sequential was synced over to your iPad? It's unlikely, but not impossible, that you might have synced everything but that change... You could rule this out by making sure it is set on the Mac, then adding another action, syncing, and making sure that action shows up on the iPad. Changes are synced in a chain, so if you have a later change, you should have gotten all of the earlier ones.
Quote:
3. What you describe for the due date is exactly what I'm seeing. I guess I'll just have to get used to tapping on the field before tapping on "+1".
I sent in a feature change request about this very thing yesterday, as it turns out. You'll have to get used to it for the short term, but if enough people speak up, maybe they'll make the change one of these days. To me, defaulting to the default due time when no due date was present makes a lot more sense than the current behavior. OG# 738438 was my ticket number, if you reply to the message they sent you and give them the number, there's a better chance they'll end up with 1 request with 2 votes instead of 2 requests with 1 vote each!

I am 100% certain as the groups behave as expected. Additionally, if I edit a sequential action group on the iPad the type is shown as: [GRAPHIC OF TWO PARALLEL ARROWS] Sequential. If I edit a parallel action group, the iPad shows the type as: [GRAPHIC OF TWO DOWNWARD ARROWS] Parallel. Something definitely going on here.

As far as the open ticket, I'll make sure to pass my vote along.

Hmm. Here's what I see:

That's what I would expect to see. That is not, however, what I see:

On a side note... the FitBit has been one of the best things I have bought myself (and my wife got one as well). So much so that I have pre-ordered the FitBit Aria.

The retina versions of the Sequential and Parallel icons got swapped in 1.5. So this mix-up would probably only show up on 3rd generation iPads.

We aim to have a fix for these icons and the interval labels on reviews in the next update.