The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Auto Replicate Objects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In Star Office/Open Office I can "replicate" an object through a menu. You can choose how many replicas, what angle of offset, and the spacing between them. I can't find similar functionality in OmniGraffle, I can "Duplicate" but I only get one duplicate and I have to take the default I'm given by the designers of OG.

Between this and the magnet functionality I am starting to reconsider the wisdom of purchasing this software since I get both of these functions OOB for free with SO/OO. These are 2 key elements in my standard workflow.

Karl Vietmeier.

Hit command-D to duplicate, position the new object where you want it, and then duplicate again. The second duplicate will take on exactly the same direction and distance from the first duplicate as you made the first duplicate take from the original. Duplicate again and the third duplicate is the same distance and direction from the second duplicate, and so on.