The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Corrupt plist files Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I need some advice here...I'm a relatively new Mac user, so don't know what I need to do...

I've just run DiskWarrior, and it has given me 5 errors for corrupted plist files that could not be repaired...3 of them are attached to .graffle files, and 1 other to a .gstencil.

Now...I'm told that the plist are disposable files that the app will recreate when the file is next opened, so I tried moving 1 of the plist's associated to 1 of the .graffle files...when I then tried to open the file I got an error that it was 'empty of corrupted'. When I moved the plist back to where it was, the file opened up fine, as before.

So my question is...how do I delete these corrupted plist files?

Thanks

Nige

In the case of the info.plist files that are found within OmniGraffle file packages, they can not be deleted as they are the backbone of the file itself -- without them, the file is nothing.

I'd hedge a bet that DiskWarrior thinks they are "corrupt" simply because they're slightly modified in order to make the file format work.

If you like, you can save out your OmniGraffle files as "flat", which will avoid this situation neatly -- That particular control is found in the Document Inspector.

Joel...it's the data.plists files that DW thinks are corrupt.

To be honest I don't know if I'm worrying about nothing here...please tell me if I am!

What's the difference between a normal saved graffle file, and flat file?

Thanks

Nige

I myself would not worry.

The difference between a flat file and a file package is that a package is an executable folder with a plist inside and whatever other document resources, such as images; and a flat file is a monolithic single file with all of that information within it.