The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Enable Sorting Projects by date on iPhone....PLEASE. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One simple feature request that should not consume significant dev allocation against other requirements: enable the ability to sort project by date on iphone - as an option, precisely as it is offered for contexts on iphone.

I understand that this runs contrary to some interpretations of GTD - that Project sorting should be manual, not systematic. But what I'm suggesting is an option - that can be voluntarily elected or ignored with no impact to users who don't attempt to use the application this way.

I own all three Omnifocus deployments - and yes, I make use of custom perspectives to sort projects by date already. iPad allows me to make use of these for project sorting. The problem on iPhone is pagination - I have > 40 concurrent projects at any point in time, and scrolling on iphone does not scale. I need to be able to view these projects individually by date using the native iphone Project viewer.

I've been using Omnifocus now for > 2 years and sing its praises to friends and colleagues alike. Delivery on this minor feature would make it tremendously more useful for users like me, and more flexible for all users - all with no impact to users who don't elect the option.

One simple feature request that should not consume significant dev allocation against other requirements: enable the ability to sort project by date on iphone - as an option, precisely as it is offered for contexts on iphone.

I understand that this runs contrary to some interpretations of GTD - that Project sorting should be manual, not systematic. But what I'm suggesting is an option - that can be voluntarily elected or ignored with no impact to users who don't attempt to use the application this way.

I own all three Omnifocus deployments - and yes, I make use of custom perspectives to sort projects by date already. iPad allows me to make use of these for project sorting. The problem on iPhone is pagination - I have > 40 concurrent projects at any point in time, and scrolling on iphone does not scale. I need to be able to view these projects individually by date using the native iphone Project viewer.

I've been using Omnifocus now for > 2 years and sing its praises to friends and colleagues alike. Delivery on this minor feature would make it tremendously more useful for users like me, and more flexible for all users - all with no impact to users who don't elect the option.