The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't Check for Updates: 'lost network connection' dialog Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Anybody seeing this error when you try to do a 'Check for Updates...'???

My web connection is good as I'm streaming radio, surfing, receiving email, etc. However, when I try to perform the udpate, I ALWAYS get this dialog popping up now. Was able to do updates regularly until about 2 weeks ago...now I have to manually download a new copy from the website if I wish to update. Very strange. Note that I just bought a license and installed that - but still getting this error.

Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks...Bob

Any chance that Little Snitch or some other net-blocking software is running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Any chance that Little Snitch or some other net-blocking software is running?
Hi Brian,

Nope - no Little Snitch. Note that I've made Zero changes to my local setup here, just started failing several builds ago...

I did some testing however as I DO use Throttled Pro on my Mac here and also OpenDNS to enhanced/secure on my Network here. I turned both OFF and retried - same problem, so don't think those are the problems at least.

Note also that I just turned OpenDNS back ON and did put in the http://update.omnigroup.com/ URL and your data page popped up right away, so OpenDNS hasn't tagged you for any filtering purposes and that URL came up FAST, so no timeout issues it would appear.

Still running on Tiger here - for a at least one more Apple update and give Developers of my tools a bit more time to work out any kinks.

Welcome any other suggestions. I'm still able to do all other Internet related activities without any problems, so hard pressed to think it otherwise than a OmniFocus defect of some kind.

Let me know if you need any additional information or have other thoughts.

Many thanks...Bob

Last edited by XebraTech; 2007-12-25 at 09:28 PM..

Are you getting any console messages to go along with this error? Or just the alert dialog?