The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wish: Check for Updates includes Sneaky Peeks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was a late-comer to the last round of OmniFocus sneaky peeks because I wasn't aware they'd started.

I discovered the new 1.9.1 sneaky peek because I now have ChangeDetection watching for updates to the OmniFocus Sneaky Peek page.

Although this works, I'd prefer an option in OmniFocus > Preferences > Update to include Sneaky Peeks in the daily check for updates.

-- Ward

We used to have a preference/behavior like this in place, but it caused a problem: folks would opt into sneakypeeks without knowing exactly what they were, or they'd forget to turn that back off once the next "real" release came out.

Some period of time later, we'd get confused/angry emails about the annoying daily updates and/or the sneakypeek time bomb kicking in. We actually lost some customers over stuff like this.

Which isn't to say that we can't do something that works better for you - it just can't be visible in the preference pane. :-)

(This seems like the kind of thing where there may be a hidden preference that would do this via defaults write. I'm honestly not sure - if you email the support ninjas, they can investigate...)