The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

syncing with iCal Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does Omnifocus sync appointments with iCal or just todos? I want to be able to see scheduled appointments on both.

Thanks

OmniFocus creates todos in iCal, not appointments. The general philosophy seems to be that actions in OmniFocus are not appointments, and vice versa. If you want to send in a feature request, use the Help->Send Feedback command in OmniFocus.

You can have Omnifocus tasks within the appointments (events) area of iCal, but this requires that you are syncing OF with a WebDav account. If you are, then just subscribe to the DueSoon.ics on your WebDav account within iCal. Your tasks should then show up.

If you don't already use WebDav sync, get yourself a www.mydisk.se account which is free - you get 2GBs of space and it works well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejacker View Post
You can have Omnifocus tasks within the appointments (events) area of iCal, but this requires that you are syncing OF with a WebDav account. If you are, then just subscribe to the DueSoon.ics on your WebDav account within iCal. Your tasks should then show up.
Ah, but only tasks that have due dates, and they show up as appointments of 0 minutes duration. You also only get the next two weeks' worth, as I recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Ah, but only tasks that have due dates, and they show up as appointments of 0 minutes duration. You also only get the next two weeks' worth, as I recall.
To be honest I never really looked into the detail much, as I set it up for about a couple of hours then realised it was causing a problem as I was already having iphone syncing OTA with mydisk for the subscribed calendar reminders.