The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New User Looking For Help Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello all. I am a new user who has tried all types of different written and electronic systems to stay organized. Daytimers, Day runners, ToDo, Microsoft outlook and various overlays, Microsoft Project and any other tricks\tools.

I recently purchased Omnifocus for the iPad, and I am trying to find out how I can get strong to tutorial \consulting help to get set up as soon as possible. (Already looked at the basic tutorials and screen tests etc. etc. the pop-up fairly quickly on a Google search) I run multiple businesses and this tool is extremely important to me, and, I'm trying to get started off fresh this year and convert away from my last gadget\workaround which was using Microsoft Project, to do, and a one page per day daytimer. Most of the tutorials and websites dedicated to Omnifocus seemed to do all the teaching and examples in the Mac version which will not work for me as our entire IT world works on terms serve\Windows systems. I prefer to make my iPAQ by standalone personal tool. I'm trying to find some tutoring\mentoring\consulting help. It is very important to me to get Properly set up\Configured and running fast (I have no issues putting the time in To learn, but past experience has taught me that an experienced practitioner can drastically minimize the learning curve) that I am even willing to pay for the help. I have explored several of the forums and am extremely impressed with the community that supports this product and want to make it the centerpiece of my activities.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? any suggestions or tips would be sincerely appreciated.

I found the "Creating Flow With Omnifocus" ebook very helpful:

http://usingomnifocus.com/

Thank You very much psnidnell, I am 20% into the book (purchased) and although it tutors w\mac versions, the logic\lessons and forcing to attempt to do same w\ipad is helping alot.Thx again

I'll second that, I just bought it too and I don't have a Mac :-)