The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Actions Missing in Project View Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by henigushi View Post
I've tried to play with the menu features to no avail, though I'm not sure my problem is exactly the same as those described here.

From what I understand, there are two ways of creating a project: 1) In the Inbox in Planning mode, enter a Project name into the Project box next to an action and hit CMD return. The project name then appears in the Library; 2) Within the Library, click on the Add New Project button in the lower left section of the screen. An Action can then be dragged from the Inbox to the Project appearing in the Library.

When I use the first method, the Action remains in the Inbox and does not appear in the Library under the Project. In the second method, the Action disappears from the Inbox (as I expect it should) and subsequently appears under the Project in the Library.

Is this an error? If it's not, I don't see the point of having an option to create a Project in the box appearing next to an Action in the Inbox.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

For the first way (see above), you only need to click on the Clean Up button (once you've created a project next to an action) to move the action to the library.