The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 5.7 Sneaky Peeks now available. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

We turned sneaky peeks back on for OmniWeb 5.7. This is going to be a smaller release and there isn't much new from 5.6 right now but it is running a newer version of WebKit so if you're having site troubles you might give this a try.

http://www.omnigroup.com/application...ad/sneakypeek/

(or just check for updates in the OmniWeb menu if you've used sneaky peeks in the past.)

Thanks!

Last edited by troyb; 2007-11-05 at 02:39 PM..

FWIW, "This copy of OmniWeb is up-to-date"

That's what I get checking for updates in 5.6. Pretty sure I've used sneaky peeks before ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
FWIW, "This copy of OmniWeb is up-to-date"

That's what I get checking for updates in 5.6. Pretty sure I've used sneaky peeks before ;)
I too got an up-to-date message. Then the dialog box froze Omniweb and I had to force quit :(

Sorry guys, we're working out the kinks in our osu stuff still. In the meantime you can use the link above.

Update: Unfortunately you will need to manually download a 5.7 sneaky peek to get things working correctly. Once you do so, newer releases will begin appearing for you.

If you are not interested in running betas or sneaky peeks sit tight and you will be properly informed of the final release for 5.7.

Thanks!

Last edited by troyb; 2007-11-06 at 09:29 AM..

5.7 looks more stable than 5.6

Yeah, new icons. Looks great :D

As mentioned, the new icons look really good. Thanks for the update on them.

I don't know... am I the only one who thinks the new icons look sort of washed-out?

hmm undecided on the new icons. they seem a bit smaller than i would expect..

The new icons have a serious contrast problem - there's very little difference between active/inactive states.

Additionally, they look like they were made for an app 10 years ago. Wouldn't something closer to Safari's current buttons fit into 10.5 better? I realize there are an enormous number of 10.4 users out there (probably far more than 10.5, at the moment) but that's the past at this point. Shouldn't OW be moving forward with more metallic-looking buttons?

If this is just something transitional between 5.7 and (the fabled) 6.0, that seems okay. My concern is that these will linger far past the point where they should. They just aren't slick - they look faded and dated. Not really what you want a first perception of OW to be. I mean, seriously....This is the best damn browser on any platform, as far as I'm concerned (and I've used the absolute hell out of them all.) Why shouldn't it look the part, too?