The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sidebar selection feels slow Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks for the reminder. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case for me. I quit OF, updated the defaults, and relaunched it.

I say unfortunately because I suspect that the problem, at least in part, may be that my computer is getting old and underpowered. It's a 1.5GHz G4 PowerBook with 512MB RAM.

I'd be interested to hear what kind of performance others with similar systems -- if there are any ;) -- are seeing on long files.

I'm glad for you though that the sluggishness you were seeing has been fixed. Wish I could get someone to buy me a new 12" MacBook Pro for Christmas..... Hey, wait, there isn't one.

Well, lots of rumors are circulating about an ultra-thin, 13-inch pro model coming soon. Who knows, you might just get lucky. :)

What, you mean OmniFocus *and* a spiffy new laptop in the same calendar year? Now you're just being crazy. :)

After sleeping and getting some feedback from Apple, I have an idea for a workaround that preserves the 'select all' functionality (for better or worse). I'll try this out tonight after I finish prepping my office for the Great Omni Move starting tomorrow. I'll leave the preference in, though =)

Thanks, Tim. This sounds good.

So far, I like the hidden default, and I'm glad to hear it'll be left in. But I'm also looking forward to your workaround and will be sure to test it out. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Just a quick "I like the new preference as well".

Nothing selected in the task or context pane, nothing in the main window. Works very well and seems natural.

Definitely noticing some sluggishness, and glad to hear I'm not the only one. I am fully updated and have one nested folder. View is set to all, but is remedied when I switch to completed. I can't decide what I should be more concerned about: The speed of OmniFocus, or my laziness?

devn:

Have you tried the hidden default posted by Tim earlier in this thread? It fixed the problem for me and makes a huge difference. I've come to actually prefer the behavior.

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...7712#post27712

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
Nothing selected in the task or context pane, nothing in the main window. Works very well and seems natural.
As an aside, I just happened to notice that Apple Mail works this way as well: nothing selected, nothing displayed. Maybe that's why it feels so natural to me.