The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 5.6 Sneaky Peeks now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Awsome, finally fixed every issue i had! Can't wait for final!

-Philz

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-rick
The bookmarks menu doesn't display my bookmarks, but they are available since I get when opening the bookmarks menu.
Yes, I have the same problem ;-(

What can I do???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floach
So, what's updated/changed in the Jul. 02 build? Or am I just mis-remembering what was written on the sneakypeek release notes? :)
Some builds may show up with small changes that wont have an effect on OmniWeb itself. We'll be sure to update the notes as releases appear that do contain notable changes though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kga1978
"Find-as-you-type" - extremely important for some of us, and considering the very nice new feature seen in Safari, I would really love to see this.
Amen to that! This was one of the first things I looked for as soon as I loaded 5.6 :-(

When I use something like Google search or any other form that I am filling in, I get my normal drop down menu with all of the saved items that start with what I am typing, but when I click on the correct wording that I want filled into the form, it does not enter it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emidwood
When I use something like Google search or any other form that I am filling in, I get my normal drop down menu with all of the saved items that start with what I am typing, but when I click on the correct wording that I want filled into the form, it does not enter it.
I think others have tried to express this issue before. It seems only the enter/return key will paste the selection, not tab or mouse click, even though the mouse selects the field.

Note, don't use the return key to make the selection - it can cause the form to be submitted. Just use Enter.

FWIW, OmniGroup are aware of the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kga1978
1. "Find-as-you-type" - extremely important for some of us, and considering the very nice new feature seen in Safari, I would really love to see this.
I think Omni will be dropping the ball in a big way if this isn't included. Being the only major Mac browser without find-as-you-type is, for me, no better than when IE 6 was the only major Windows browser without tabbed browsing. This isn't a nice-to-have these days—it's bloody essential.

I really like OmniWeb. Heck, by a whisker I gave it the group-test award when I did a round-up in MacFormat magazine about six months ago. However, Omni's instability is really starting to grate, and I find myself veering back towards Firefox these days, despite Firefox's total disregard for Mac conventions—and that can't be a good thing.

Why in the Downloads pref "Remmeber downloads" there is no choice to delete them immediately after a succesful download ??

It is one line of code in the terminal to activate it so it musn't be so hard to had it directly in Omniweb ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-rick
Why in the Downloads pref "Remmeber downloads" there is no choice to delete them immediately after a succesful download ??

It is one line of code in the terminal to activate it so it musn't be so hard to had it directly in Omniweb ???
Agreed. I want it to show active downloads and nothing else. If the download's finished, I'd like it to clear itself. A little irritating. I suppose we should both submit feedback. :)