The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Urgency vs. Importance? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm with many others in saying that I'd love a Mac app (as opposed to running Parallels 24x7 for running MyLifeOrganized), but I can't move to OmniFocus until support of prioritization is supported.

Please consider ratz comments, LifeBalance had an algorithm, but it wasn't great. MYLifeOrganized is fantastic for this. And if you don't use it, it won't harm the GTD purists. So it's a win-win. A simple slider bar will do the trick. If you don't like it, don't use it.

As an example of priority, I've got my entire life now organized in MLO.

Work
- Minor Routine Stuff
- Task 1
- Task 2
- Major Important Projects
- Task A which is very important?

Personal Stuff
- Personal Health
- Schedule doctor's appt

Evantual Prioritized List of Tasks
------------------------------------
Dr's Appt
Task A
Task 1
Task 2

I want to be able to give individual tasks, and parent tasks various levels of priority. I want to come in to the office in the morning, and work on the things most important to accomplishing my goals in life, without forgetting to go to the dentist.

I want a database that is "pre-prioritized" so I don't have to spend effort in the morning deciding what to focus on.

Until OF supports prioritization of events, I'm stuck running Windows. This is not a rant, and I know that future development is never something you should hold out for, but it seems there's many others in the forum with the same non GTD purist attitude who also want to get things done.