The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

defaults.plist vs identify as... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi
Well, I see that defaults.plist is no more... I understand that I can set the browser identification (to, say, Safari) on a site-by-site basis... but if I can't get to that site in the first place...

... I need a way to set the identifier "system wide"... so that the default identifier is a choice up to me.

Don't see it in preferences...

Forgive the sacrilege, but at least I paid for it... :-)

Browser identification is set on a site domain-basis and not an individual page basis, so if you are e.g. bounced from www.somewhere.com to www.somewhere.com/wrongbrowser, setting your identity at that second page will also set it for the first page. You can then attempt to access the first page once again.