The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Show completed items in flagged view? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I realise you can see completed items in project views by tapping the eye icon, but for some reason this is disabled when I look at my flagged items? What I'm currently doing is flagging all the tasks I want to complete for the day, and using the flagged items as my to do list across all projects for the day. I'd really like to be able to see what I've completed for the day though. Can anyone suggest how I can achieve this?

TIA

Nick

Do you also use OmniFocus on the Mac? If so, you can create a context mode perspective there that shows completed flagged actions, and it will be synced to your iPad. If not, use the Contact Omni button to send in feedback requesting the ability to a) create perspectives on the iPad directly, and b) manipulate the flagged view as you requested.

No I am using Omnifocus on iPad and iPhone, and like so many others work on a windows machine.

Is there some other way I can create this context mode perspective?

I would call up Omni support (1-800-315-OMNI or +1-206-523-4152) and tell them of your predicament. In theory, you could email them your database, they could load it on a Mac, add the perspective, and ship it back to you. If they won't, I will, but I suspect you would rather send your database to them, all else being equal!

Hi whpalmer4,

Thanks for your very generous offer. I may even take you up on it if I get nowhere with Omnigroup =). I'm emailing them now (I am located in Australia).

Nick

I have a custom flagged perspective that only shows available items. I don't want to see all 5 stages of the project cluttering my view. Perspectives can be wonderful.

Also, note that you can choose which perspectives will be displayed on your first page. Specifically, you can "star" a perspective on your iPad, and it will appear on the first screen. If somebody is helping you by adding some perspectives for you, they may want to add a few variations - then you can choose the one you want to display as an easy access one.