The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inherit context when indenting an action Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When a nested action is created, it inherits the context of the parent action. That's just what I'd expect.

However, when the very first nested action is created by indenting top-level action, I must manually set the context for this newly nested action.

I'd find it very helpful if OmniFocus defaulted the context when I indent an action (assuming, of course, that the indented action does not already have a context).

[copy of formal feedback]

Another thing that would be nice, that would kind of solve this problem, is to have a way to create new children tasks with one keystroke or menu action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberV
Another thing that would be nice, that would kind of solve this problem, is to have a way to create new children tasks with one keystroke or menu action.
Doesn't Command-] do this?

Curt

No, that moves an existing task. But I took a look in the Structure menu, and it looks like there is a Create Child command now. Cmd-}. So nevermind the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
Doesn't Command-] do this?
Command-] does the indent, which changes the action to what I'll call a "quasi-nested action" because, unlike subsequent nested actions, this first nested action doesn't inherit context from its parent.

That was the reason I opened this thread.

Last edited by Ward; 2007-06-26 at 12:09 PM..

Sorry, that was a typo on my part. I meant Command-}, as Amber figured out, for creating a new child.

I agree with your suggestion that indenting should cause the child to inherit the default context if it does not already have a context.

Curt