The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export from THINGS to OmniFocus - does not work on Lion Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

Iīm trying to move my data from Things, but the script failed after running for hours.

Quote:
AppleScript Error
OmniFocus got an error: Canīt get document 1. Invalid index.
Not sure if itīs a Lion/OmniFocus issue or perhaps my Things database.xml is to big?

I found an other post in the forum addressing the same error message by avoiding the index. Would it be possible to patch the script to avoid the error here also, dear robinfrancistrew? :)

Cheers,
Martins

I have amended ver 2 to reference the default document rather than the front document in case young Lion (the cub still seems quite wobbly on its feet) had OmniFocus in some state in which an open document couldn't be referenced.

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2011-10-31 at 10:54 PM.. Reason: Removed dead link. Script now retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
I have amended ver 2 to reference the default document rather than the front document in case young Lion (the cub still seems quite wobbly on its feet) had OmniFocus in some state in which an open document couldn't be referenced.

--
Hi, the link given doesn't work. Might you have another one ? Thanks.

I'm afraid I retired this script – I hadn't used it myself for some time, and it may well not have kept up with developments on the 'Things' side. In any case users were reporting errors, and one user who did think of taking it over and putting it on Github very understandably found that life was getting too busy.

It might be worth asking Omni support whether they are aware of alternative importers.

Good luck !