The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

'Unable to create configuration folder' error Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I just upgraded to Leopard on my PowerBook. When starting OmniWeb, I'm now confronted with a nice error message stating that OmniWeb is

'Unable to create configuration folder

OmniWeb likes to store its bookmarks, history, and cookies in a folder called '(null)' in your home folder, but was unable to do so because it encountered the following problem:

(null)

You can still run OmniWeb right now, but it won't be able to remember your bookmarks, history, and cookies properly. We recommend resolving the problem before you continue'.

Options are to Quit, Continue and to Try again. When pressing continue, OmniWeb displays the cached start page, but is not able to recreate a new environment: neither saving (or opening) new bookmarks nor opening the preferences.

The original OmniWeb preference folder is still sitting in my home folder/Application Support and the permissions are set to Read & Write.

Kind of clueless,

Cheers,

Karsten

OK, problem solved by downloading and reinstalling a new copy. No idea what had happened to the original copy of OmniWeb 5.6.

Cheers,

k.