The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to group variable lines with a text box in Omnigraffle? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,
My name is Su,

I am a new comer to OmniGraffle. I used a the flow chart shape (process) to draw my process diagram.

Problem
1) The diagram cannot be adjusted to have a standardised size for all the process shapes. This is quite frustrating.

2) I had to draw a line to separate a header title with the body and I used lines but unchecked the following boxes -
(1) Allow Connections from lines
(2) Allow Connections to other objects
(3) Allow shapes to become labels.

Unfortunately I was unable to group the line in the process shape. Do you know how to do this?

Kind regards
Su

Using a stencil is one way to get standardized shapes. There's one for flowcharts at Graffletopia or you could make your own.

Another way is make new shapes by duplicating the first one you draw rather than drawing each from scratch.

A third way is to select all the shapes and enter the desired width and height into the Geometry Inspector.

I'm not sure what you're asking in the second question. Are you trying to make a shape by grouping lines? Group a shape with a line? You can do either of those.