The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Errors in Importing vector PDFs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniGraffle Pro (Version 5.2.3) makes a number of mistakes when I try to edit a vector-pdf file generated from Adobe Illustrator, or an Adobe Illustrator file directly. Are these known issues and will there soon be a set of related bug corrections? These problems are severely affecting my work.

Examples:

Words drop out
Extra space appears between lines
Smooth curves become kinked
And, with importing diagrams with some fonts (e.g., frutiger), labels in
OmniGraffle are bolluxed up with some letters being tiny and others full size

All in all, this was not what I expected when I bought the Pro version. But, then again, perhaps there is a workaround that I don't understand.

You'll probably get more traction on your issues if you send an example file to the Omni support ninjas via Help->Send Feedback, along with a description of the issues as you see them.

I already did and got a narrow response (yes, the particular item I submitted reflects a bug; no info on whether it will be fixed). I had figured out a way to work around that one, but others have popped up and I don't have a sense for whether problems in handling vector pdf are rare or common, or whether there are fixes imminent for any or all.

Addition: it seems that OmniGraffle is not even advertised as supporting import of vector pdfs; I had a contrary impression from some email along the way before I bought OmniGraffle Pro. 'Tis a pity because that capability would be very nice to have.

Last edited by laup; 2010-08-31 at 11:37 AM..