The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iOS 5, silent phone: OF alerts don't vibrate. [A: Fix via Settings app - see thread.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since updating my iPhone 3GS to iOS 5, the phone doesn't vibrate if on silent when tasks are due. An alert window will still pop up though. The Vibrate setting is on in the Settings - Sounds menu, and prior to the update, the phone did used to vibrate.

Can anyone help with this in case I've missed a setting somewhere?

Thanks.

I'd been seeing this on my phone as well, but hadn't gotten around to actually investigating until I saw this post - thanks!

I was able to fix this on my phone by opening the Settings app, tapping into Notifications, and making sure that the "Sounds" switch for OmniFocus' alerts was set to "On".

I had that turned off, but once I turned it back on, my alerts started vibrating again. Apparently vibrations are a special form of sound as far as iOS is concerned. :-)

Hope this helps!

Brian, you're a genius! That's done the trick.

Many thanks.