The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Due date column disappearing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've fixed the case I noted above; 96276. I know of one other case; if you clear the perspective on a window, we don't currently restore its view state to the global state. A further view state change to that window will then clobber the global. That's up for fixing soon, but this should make things better.

If anyone can still reproduce this problem, please let us know with as detailed steps as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
Ah! When you invoke the perspective, does that perspective have the columns turned off? I can reproduce the bug in that case.

Right now we are thinking that it might just be better to add a 'Save View Settings for New Windows' menu item under the View or Perspectives menu and let the user explicitly save this. Doing this automatically seems to be causing more problems than it solves.
No... actually the perspectives in my case do have the 'due date' field.

Here is exactly what I do:
(1) I am in planning mode without due date.
(2) Add the due date column.
(3) Go to context view (using the menu bar of cmd+1)[due date column remains].
(4) Go back to planning mode (using the menu bar of cmd+1)[due date column remains].
(5) Go to a perspective (using the keyboard shortcut opt+f1)[the perspective does have a due date column saved and it shows when I switch to the saved view].
(6) Switch back to planning mode (using cmd+1). Now I lost the due dates column that were there just on step 4.

This is in my machine and scenario, reproducible every single time. Thanks! Very appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
Right now we are thinking that it might just be better to add a 'Save View Settings for New Windows' menu item under the View or Perspectives menu and let the user explicitly save this. Doing this automatically seems to be causing more problems than it solves.
Why not just have a simple preference for the date columns that would then be applied in the normal views (and then of course leave Perspectives as they are).

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelande View Post
Why not just have a simple preference for the date columns that would then be applied in the normal views (and then of course leave Perspectives as they are).
For me this would be a simple, effective and straight forward approach.

Another vote for an explicit preference (wasn't this in one of the earlier builds?).

We don't want to add a preference if it can be made to just work (as, say, resizing a window remembers that size for future windows without requiring that you configure a preference somewhere). Hopefully this latest change in build 96276 does that; can you let us know if you're still seeing problems (as opposed to just remembering your frustration with earlier builds)?

Thanks!