The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ical <-> omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
is it possible to sync omnifocus-reminders with a calendar in ical on mac. I'm new to Omnifocus. I have since years used a separate ical calendar for events i need to be reminded of. These events are often "meetings" to which I've been invited although all I need to know is that the meetings occur. I'm not participating. These might as well be put in a separate project or perhaps context, not sure which would be most appropriate.

OmniFocus syncs with iCal's "To-Do" database, but that's separate from the database that contains the events on your calendars...

Can you explain the workflow you're going for in a little more detail? If you just need reminders of these events - as opposed to having them be some set of tasks you need to accomplish - I think just leaving them in iCal is probably the best way to go.

The thinking here is that "hard landscape" items like meetings you need to attend go on the calendar; OmniFocus holds a list of actions you pull from to fill your productive times between those hard landscape items...

I may not be fully understanding your workflow though; if that's the case, just give us a bit more detail and we can try to help!