The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contexts or Projects for Corporate Depts? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I think Ive gone down the rabbit hole and need some help...

I own a small business and am attempting to keep things organized as we grow and currently I wear the hats of many departments. In my attempt to put things into buckets I have set up projects for departments (ex: HR, AP/AR, R and D) so that I still have the ability to put context to each task (phone, a specific person, etc).
But in reading through some posts and other GTD forums it seems that I may be better served by making those departments Contexts instead of Projects. My only concern in that in assigning context to a task in a project under a given 'Department Context' it might get confusing and hard to manage.

@.@

Thanks!

Dev

Personally, I would create a folder for each Department. Then put specific department projects under each specific department folder as well as a Single Action List in each folder (i.e. HR SAL, etc).

Excellent - I love this community! :)