The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anyone having issues with OmniGraffle 5.2 crashing? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Joel

I'm wondering if you can offer any speedy advice on why the reason may be for my OG v5.2.2 may be crashing on startup all of a sudden. I run it on an imac os v10.5.8. I have tried rebooting, reinstalling and even installing version 4....but it still crashes on launch, or if it does successfully load as soon as I interact with it, it will then crash and present me with the 'unrecoverable error' message. I have emailed omnigraffle, but was wondering if (from previous experience) there's any suggestions you may have that would help me rectify this issue.

I use this tool lots to work on projects for my clients and am at a complete standstill without it - help!

Kind regards!

Mark, I've looked at the crash report you sent in, and I'm afraid there isn't much information to go off of in the report -- I would suggest quitting OmniGraffle, and manually setting aside or deleting your OmniGraffle preferences (located at ~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle.plist where ~ is your Home Folder) and see if that makes any difference. If it doesn't, please let me know.

Hope that helps,

Hi all,
Using v5.2.3 here. Just created a single page document with about 12 boxes, 12 lines and 4 bitmaps (Less than 100k for the 4 of them.) Saved the diagram and it created a 32M .... that that's 32 MEG .. file on disk!

Tried compression and remove the preview and at best it's still a 13M file!!!!!

I opened the package and had a look. There was the 4 bitmaps < 100k in total. And one huge xml file with 1.3 million lines of XML. 99% of which was binary content.

The mind boggles!