The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Power Delete! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I know there are some folks here who use (or have toyed with) Mark Forster's SuperFocus system.

I like everything about it EXCEPT: it's not GTD.

OmniFocus and GTD seem to have a brilliant method of organization: you can view by project and task, or, often better, by context. This is tricky on paper.

SuperFocus has you work your way through the list (in a paper notebook), one page at a time. This is tricky in OF, since there are no pages.

Tasks that get worked on, get moved to the end of the notebook, for more work later. Tasks that haven't, GET DISMISSED (dismissed for review later, not thrown out). I find this brilliant, since the list becomes self-righting, the more you work it.

I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on using OF to achieve SF?

I'd like all the OF power of being able to work in contexts or in projects (self-directed mode, we could call it), or shifting into page-by-page SuperFocus mode (automatic dismissal mode). Even if working exclusively in contexts or projects, I'd like to emulate SF's dismissal of task that haven't been touched.

Thanks, smarties!