The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

To pro or not to pro Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all, I'm toying with the idea of upgrading my OO3 to OO3P because of the reduction I'd get from OF if I did so and I've been thinking about it regardless. So, OO3P owners, would you say that the features added to the program are worth it (excluding KinklessGTD, for obvious reasons)? I know it's a matter of what I use OO3 for (which is mainly for class note taking, plot outlines, and maybe eventually budgets) but nonetheless I can imagine expanding my use of it based on features, if they were useful enough.

Is web clipping that much easier or more useful than good old copy/pasting? Does folded editing make it that much better to look at? Do the scripts really open that many doors to new features? I'd look for online reviews but none I could find compare pro to standard, it's hard to know whether they're really praising standard features or pro ones especially.

Any replies would be much appreciated!

To me the sections drawer is a necessity, I don't know how you navigate an outline without something like it.

Hm I will take a closer look at that feature, it didn't seem that remarkable prima facie.