The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

List of free webDAV sync providers Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
And not to put too fine a point on it, but we out here in forum land still don't know if the lack of return email is because they haven't sent any...
Well, I am getting all test mails through the IEEE and ACM domains,
which really just forward to my own domains. I control the DNS and SMTP, IMAP servers in these domains, so if it were my mail service I would know about it as all the domains are on my dedicated server in "The Planet" Dallas4 Data center on RHE OS. This server is not running HTTP services.
I suppose I could simply push WebDAV in the .conf file and run a webDAV server on my server. That is something I hadn't thought of, and I think that is my solution. Thanks for pointing me down an obvious path I completely missed. ;)

Quote:
My suggestion would be to make a practice of working on one device or another, such that you always have (at least) one with a complete, up-to-date copy of your data. Then if your service provider goes out, you can simply switch to Bonjour with a ad hoc wireless network, or a trial account with someone providing webDAV service, and regenerate your setup from the device that had the latest bits. If you make a couple of changes on one machine, some more on another, and yet others on the iPhone, all without syncing everything up, it will be more of a headache to jump ship either temporarily or permanently
Agree, primary image is on the MBP which is backed up nightly. As for Bonjour local, I work in a secure facility where running any WIFI network will get you immediately terminated and walked out the door by armed security. All 802.11x protocols are continuously scanned for it. So turning WIFI on is not an option. I can access an external WebDAV server since my MBP is on a Verizon 3G Broadband connection but not connected to the infrastructure in any way. So my backup will be I have to work off my MBP as a master until I can get my server back up if it crashes. Thanks for the tips and inadvertently leading me to a fairly simple WebDAV solution that works for me. :cool:

If you're happy with the results, I'm happy! :)

Put me down as another (soon to be) ex-mobileme subscriber who's migrated to http://www.swissdisk.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by defilmj View Post
I created another account using another domain I own. I used a password
generator as I normally do (1password), and created the account and'
activated it. However on activation for some odd reason the process cleared
my clipboard and the login profile was not created in 1password.
Go back into 1Password, and look at "Password History". That's where the program keeps a running tab of all the passwords that you created via this program, along with info for which site the password was created. I had the same situation like yours and was directed to this section.

MyDrive free account includes 2GB of WebDAV storage which works with Zotero

MyDrive http://www.mydrive.ch

Other free webdav providers have problems that interfere with using them for Zotero (www.zotero.org -- terrific free citation/reference/document manager).

GMX.com has 1GB free but a limit of 1000 files per folder which killed me.
Boxnet.com -- couldn't authenticate -- maybe user error...
iDisk.se -- has explicitly blocked Zotero access for free users.

Last edited by PeterVermont; 2009-09-17 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: title did not appear in post (or anywhere that I could see)

@PeterVermont: I'm going to try it as SwissDisk seems to be down for way too long here. I'm also enticed by MyDrive working with Zotero. I'm in dissertation-land, and to be honest, struggling to really wrap my arms around Zotero. Of course, now that my topic is a bit more clear and I'm not randomly searching for topic ideas/clarity, I should revisit it.

Does MyDrive have some sort of direct link to Zotero? I've also been using Safari over Firefox recently, and I'm not sure if Zotero works that way. How are you using it?

Thanks!

Hi All, may I suggest that pointing people towards SwissDisk is not a good idea right now- they have had 'problems' of a catastrophic nature, which have not been resolved for some days now. This is the email I received:

Attention SwissDisk Users,

We regret to inform you that due to an unplanned and unforeseen catastrophic hardware failure caused by multiple simultaneous events the engineering staff was unable to restore the SwissDisk file server to it's previous status.

During this unfortunate time SwissDisk management extends our apologies to anyone who may have been adversely effected by this random occurrence.

To prevent any future outages SwissDisk management has signed a contractual service agreement with a $40B company. For the first time this will enable SwissDisk to provide our customers with a 99.95% service level agreement. SwissDisk users will enjoy the peace of mind that comes with access to a truely world class, internationally deployed, multi-million dollar, extremely resiliant storage infrastructure and internet network.

Swissdisk management has decided that during this downtime that they will spend considerable resources to migrate the SwissDisk system onto this secure, fail safe, state-of-the-art platform. The New SwissDisk will have virtually unlimited redundancy powered by one of the most respected and reliable modern storage architectures in the world.

Use of these powerful network resources combined with the security of the propietary SwissDisk software will provide SwissDisk users with unparalleled reliability, safety and security for their data.

SwissDisk Management would like to extend the following offers to our customers:

To all customers with free accounts, please watch the www.SwissDisk.com home page for updates for the release of "The New SwissDisk" service. Truely reliable, free secure storage is coming!

To all SwissDisk customers with paid accounts, we will be offering 6 months free service with double the secure storage space on "The New SwissDisk".

Please note, due to the unplanned outage all accounts will be required to re-register.

The entire SwissDisk team would like to say thank you to all our customers for using SwissDisk. Further we are very sorry for the interruption in service and hope that you will continue to believe, as we do, in the security and privacy that a SwissDisk account offers.

Sincerely,
SwissDisk Management

bingodisk is shutdown but
as an alternative,
i just signed up to www.squeaksoft.com/cart

Did anybody manage to set this up with MyDrive.ch? I tried but failed partly.

Setting up the syncing works. Events get updated from and to the iPhone/Mac and vice versa via WebDAV.

The problem comes with the iCal-Calendar-subscription. The events don't appear there at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by FatalError; 2009-12-14 at 12:55 AM..

I set up a SwissDisk Account and it worked like a charm for a week - now I get this error message

The disk.swissdisk.com server returned “internal server error” (500) in response to a request to “PROPFIND /davidutts/Omnifocus/OmniFocus.ofocus”.

My Iphone will not sync either and when I try to sign in on swissdisk's site - it says it can not find my user name and password (I wrote them down and was using it to sync. - so I did not forget it).

Not sure what the issue is - we need something from Omni on this - even if it costs a nominal feel. Will try Disk.se and see what happens.

David